Heidi
Do I need 'programs' here? 'I always listen to English radios (programs).' Thanks
16 окт. 2016 г., 11:34
6
0
I agree with Dan Smith's answer. To me "listen to English radios" would mean that you had a number of radios (the actual equipment for listening) that were produced in England and that you listened to those.
16 октября 2016 г.
"I always listen to English radios" is incorrect. If you mean programs in the English language, natural phrases include "I always listen to radio programs in English" or "I always listen to English-language radio programs." "I always listen to English radio programs" or "I always listen to English programs on the radio" are very natural. They are ambiguous as to whether they mean programs in the English language, or programs broadcast from England (by the BBC, perhaps). "I always listen to English radio" is correct, but it means specifically that you are listening to broadcasts from England.
16 октября 2016 г.
Hello Helen! I'm not a native speaker, but I think both forms are right. But if you decide to use the word "programs" (or stations, for example) the word "radio" would have to be in the singular: "I always listen to English radio programs". And by that I understand that you listen to radio stations from England. I would say: "I always listen to radio programs in English" instead, if you mean programs that are presented in English, but from any country.
16 октября 2016 г.
Heidi