Damon
How to understand "way to go "? It is from a Tv show. The dictionary says it means " it should be done this way " . But from the caption of the show it means " well done ". How should I understand this phrase?
7
0
"Way to go" is usually accompanied by a "high five" or a "thumbs up". (American English) You can interpret it as meaning "Yes, that was a good decision, that was the RIGHT way to go! Good for YOU!"
This is the right way to do something. You already did it? You did the right way, or a great way. That's a great way to do it. Well done! Note, we often use it sarcastically, to mean that someone did something wrong. "You told my wife about the party? Way to go, Damon. Now she knows where I am going."
Hi Damon! I've always heard that the idiom "way to go!" is a compliment. it means "Very good!", "You are on the right way" or even "keep doing things that way and you are going to succeed", "That's the way you should keep going" etc.
Damon