Dmitriy
Would anyone tell me please if my sentences are correct? Thanks so much! 1. If she and I had started talking two hours ago and if my friend were to arrive now, then she and I would have been talking together for two hours by the time he would arrive. 2. If she and I had started talking three hours ago and if my friend had arrived two hours after we would have started talking, then she and I would have been talking together for two hours by the time he would have arrived. 3. If she were to say that she would call us in three hours, and we would start waiting for her call as of now, then in three hours it would be this: she would have said she would call us and we would have been waiting for her call for three hours since then. 4. If she says in one hour that she will call us in three hours, and if we start waiting for her call after she says that, then in four hours it will be this: she will have said she will call us and we will have been waiting for her call for three hours since then.
2
0
1. Correct except for "he arrived" on the last line instead of "he would arrive". 2. "had started talking" or "started talking", "he arrived". Otherwise, good. I haven't the energy for no. 3 now!
3. If she were to say that she would call us in three hours, and we would start waiting for her call as of now, then in three hours it would be this: she SAID that she would call us and we would have been waiting for her call for three hours. (drop since then) 4. If she says in one hour that she will call us in three hours, and if we start waiting for her call after she says that, then in four hours it will be this: she SAID she WOULD call us and we will have been waiting for her call for three hours since then. Not entirely sure what this sentence means, it is not clear at all.. I think this is what you mean but very confusing sentence.
Dmitriy
English, German, Russian, Ukrainian
English, German