rina
English is now becoming an international language. What do you think of its spread?
6
0
'now' is understood in the first sentence and therefore unescessary. Better to just say: 'English is becomming an international language.' And consider replacing the second sentence with something like, 'What do you think about its spreading?'
I'm not sure "now" is quite accurate; there was vaguely a battle between French and English during the 20th century, however the winner was always going to be English due to the United States' influence. I'm very glad that the world has a common language to fall back on for efficiency, whilst at the same time embracing local languages and cultures. One concern perhaps is that those from English-speaking countries such as mine make no attempt at learning another language. Good? Bad? Who knows.
English has been an international language for many years. Maybe it will not remain so. In history there are examples of other languages being dominant. So maybe in the future it might be replaced.But even though many people speak Chinese,for example, it will probably not become the dominant language because it is so difficult to learn. I am happy that English is the international language because it's my language and I love it :-)
Hate it. Wish English would disappear as the so-called "international " language and be replaced with German
rina