tô đức thành
I 'd like to know what does the word "which" in this sentence replace for? And some questions below. The sentence:" No friendship can last long which is all give on one side and all take on the other." why after "is" we can use verb bare "give" and "take". I think it might be this: "No friendship can last long which is TO give on one side and all TO take on the other."
1
0
There are two idioms here and so the structure cannot be manipulated freely. "give and take" is an informal noun phrase used in the context of relationships to mean that we should be flexible and fair with each other. e.g. There is a lot of "give and take" in our relationship. "all "verb" " e.g. all "give", all "take" is an informal adjective phrase. e.g. He wants too much from me. It's all "take" with him. The meaning is that this person's idea of a relationship is that he takes a lot of more than he gives.
tô đức thành
English, Vietnamese