Ng
need tips to learn english I was wondering what is the method you used to remember all the english words and use them off the top of your head. I'm having 200 popular english words right now and my way is to go through them all every day and speak them out .However I find it time consuming , it took me like 30 minutes a day and as I'm having more and more words to learn , it s gonna be up to 50 minutes or so . SO what's your advice thanks ! I tried this method and still not works for me , I can;t not think of a word off the top of my head , I use very simple words instead and it really demeans my speaking
8
0
Consider using flashcards with spaced repetition, such as Anki.
Have you used the FREE Memrise website or Memrise phone app? I have only just used it today, and started the Mandarin Chinese course, because I thought it would be fun. The good thing is, if you struggle with a word it will allow you to choose a meme (a way to remember the word or phrase) from a selection they already have. Or you could create your own: An example to illustrate, with a word I was stuck on. Chinese character for woman is 女 Chinese character for child is 子 I was struggling to remember the chinese characters for well/good = 好 I looked at the memes and chose the following one, from all of the ones available: A WOMAN and a CHILD is WELL and GOOD It helps me remember that the chinese characters for woman and child, when placed together mean well or good. Hope that helps.
My suggestion is to use flashcards with spaced repetition, but don't let that be all you do. The reason, it think, that Children are so good at learning their native language is because they are always surrounded by it. Repetition is always good, and the way your are doing it isn't bad, but it is only one piece of the puzzle. Try to surround yourself as much as you can with English (or any other language you try to learn in the future). Also, speak the words as you learn them, and try to put them into simple phrases. I find that children's stories and fairy tales are a great way to learn, because they offer simple grammar and vocabulary in the context of sentences. Listen to English music, read English news articles, if that interests you. Watch English movies and Television shows. Most importantly, speak it. As with learning anything, repetition is key; but try to make the repetition as enjoyable for yourself as you can. The more fun you can make learning a language, the better you will learn it.
Hello My advice is to talk to a native English speaker. There are lots of language partners here on italki who you could chat to but if this is your first time speaking and you feel a little bit shy or nervous, book an introductory lesson with a teacher or tutor. :)
Try to learn or memorize phrases and not only words cause in that way you can become fluently in English. Repite the phrases several times and then record them in order to hear your how you are pronouncing, too....
Ng
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Korean, Vietnamese
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Korean