KellyXu
remember the greater one?? Father Wilfred liked to gather everyone together for prayers at ten, noon and four. To give a structure to the day. Otherwise it’s all too easy for people to get distracted. Hunger can do funny things to the mind. Pledges get broken. Father Wilfred always made sure that we stayed focused on our sacrifice so that we would remember the greater one. I would like to know what does "the greater one" here mean ? Does it mean "the greater sacrifice"? Thanks.
2
0
You're correct, in this context it is meaning 'the greater sacrifice'. I also believe that this is a Christian piece of writing because it talks about 'Father Wilfred', so 'the greater sacrifice' could be referring to Jesus Christ and his sacrifice. *I do not say this to impose religion or in any way impress my religious beliefs on anyone else, I am merely discussing the context of the writing.* I hope this helps you out.
KellyXu