Meriam
Uses of 어디 Hello everyone! I'm a bit confused about the meaning of 어디 in this expression "어디가 아빠! "=>are you sick!" " 어디"here doesn't mean "where " but it sounds like "by any chance" as if you're surprised?!. and does it work with any VERB? for example i'm talking to my friend on phone at night and suddenly i don't hear anything from her, can i say "야!어디 자니?!!"are you sleeping?!. Sorry for this long question. 대단히 감사합니다!.
5
1
The question words can also be nouns. 누구 who OR someone 뭐 what OR something 어디 where OR somewhere So it means "Does it hurt somewhere?" Like are you in pain? Where does it hurt? So you couldn't just add it in any sentence like are you sleeping? Hope I helped:)
No.......................... 어디가 아파? Where does it hurt (exactly)? 어디 아파? Does it hurt somewhere? by any chance = 혹시 혹시 자니? = Could it be that you are sleeping? 자니? = Are you sleeping?
Meriam
Arabic, Korean
Korean