Vítor
First class / lesson Hi! :) I'm trying to teach English to my mom and today it was our first ______ in Skype. Would you use "class" or "lesson" here? In her notebook, she wrote "first lesson". Would you also accept and find natural if she had written "first class"? Which one is more suitable in your opinion? What about "in Skype"? Am I using the right preposition? Thanks!
7
0
'Lesson' is preferable to 'class', because 'class' suggests a group of students. If it's a one-to-one learning situation, we'd usually say 'lesson'. In general, 'on' is the best preposition for any technology or technological media. On TV, on the radio, on the internet, on Facebook, on Skype. You could probably also say 'using Skype' or 'via Skype'.
I would say "lesson", and use the preposition "on" instead of "in". We had our first lesson on Skype.
Vítor
Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Hebrew, Italian, Spanish