Caleb Chen
How to express 'send children to school'? Hi, Friends. Thanks for your enthusiastic help before. I ask question here once more. I want to discribe that I 'send' children to school or After I 'send' children to school ... It seems strange that I use the verb 'send' here. Someone tald me that I can say 'I have to drive my kids to school'. But I don't drive a car. How can I express? Which verb is suitable for this situation or any other phrase, please?
11
0
"Send" is okay but It depends on how your children get to school. If you walk to school with your children, you could say that you "take" them to school. If they go by bus, you could say that you "send" them to school "on the bus".
"Send" is the right verb, especially if you are not with them on the journey from home to school (e.g., they walk or go in a carpool or ride a bike or take the bus). If you do go with them, you could say "drop my kids off at school," "walk my kids to school," "take my kids to school," or "ride to school with my kids" (if you use public transportation). Or you could say "After my kids go to school, ..." but that leaves you out of the process entirely.
Hi Celeb, I'll try to answer this for you, if I can. Your children go to school and you send them to school. It might seem strange to you to use the verb "send" in this situation, but I cannot think what else you would / could use. "By law in the United Kingdom, I have to send my children to school every day." "My children don't like it when I send them to school, they would rather be playing in the sunshine outside." Hope this helps.
Hi, Friends. Thanks in advance, for your help. I want to describe that I 'send' children to school or after I 'send' children to school... It seems strange that I use the verb 'send' to describe this. Someone told me that I can say 'I have to drive my kids to school', but I don't drive a car. How can I express this in another way? Which verb(s) is / are suitable for this situation? Are there any other phrases that I could use, please?
Caleb Chen
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Taiwanese), English