Pelin
Are these sentences OK? Or, what would you say? The topic is digressed. The subject is digressed. The main subject is left.
2
0
I have never heard the verb 'digress,' used in the passive voice. It sounds completely wrong. The verb is used in the active voice only, I believe. For example: 'The ballet, Firebird, by Igor Stravinsky was banned in Moscow. By the way censorship has a very long history with the first recorded instance having been in xxx bc. But, I digress, as I was saying about Firebird...' We would simply say 'You have gone off topic.'
I am assuming that you are talking / referring to somebody talking about something and then veerring off on a tangent / not sticking to the original topic being spoken about? "The subject has gone off topic" or "Lets stick to the subject" or "Let's not digress"
Pelin
English, Turkish