Le ^_^
Could you tell me some useful conversations happen in ice-cream stores ? What kind of words/sentences can I use when I want to buy a ice-cream? Thanks
4
0
This is a conversation in colloquial U.S. English: Server: "What would you like?" Me: "I'm trying to decide between a 'small' and a 'medium" size. Can you show me how big they are?" Server: "Over here, you can see the sizes of the cups. Small is two scoops, medium is three." Me: "Really? Those are huge. OK, I'd like a small ice cream. I think I want--wait, exactly what flavor is 'Moose Tracks,' anyway?" Server: "Vanilla, with pieces of fudge and peanut butter cups in it. We also have Mocha Moose Tracks, which is the same thing but with mocha ice cream." Me: "OK, a small Mocha Moose Tracks." Server: "Would you like that in a dish, or a cone?" Me: "I'd like a cone, but can you put the whole thing in a dish in case it drips?" Server: "Sure. Sugar cone or cake cone?" Me: "Sugar cone, please." Server: "Want anything on that? Jimmies? Nuts?" Me: "Put some jimmies on it please. And give me a spoon and some extra napkins." Server: "OK." (A minute later) "Here you go. That will be $4.25." Me: "Do you take plastic?" Server: "I'm sorry, sir, we're cash-only, but there is an ATM machine inside..." Me: "No, that's OK, I'll pay cash." I give her a $10 bill. She gives me $5.75 in change. I drop a $1 bill in the tip jar. In the United States, "jimmies" is a New England regional name for chocolate sprinkles. Ice cream stands often have choices of different kinds of frozen desserts. "Soft-serve" is soft and fun to eat but doesn't have as intense a flavor. "Frozen yogurt" (or "Froyo") is slightly lower in fat and has a slightly tart taste that is very good with fruit flavors. "Sherbet" has only a trace of milk and is sort of like fruit-flavored snow. Ice cream stands often offer sundaes, banana splits, ice cream sodas, root beer floats, and milkshakes (which despite the name usually have ice cream in them)
I don't know about conversations in an icecream shop, but here are ways to order what you like. 1. I would like a scope of _____, in a cone( or cup) . 2. Do you have waffle cones? 3. I like chocolate/strawberry sauce on my sundae.
Le ^_^