Melissa
Meaning of "吃了年糕年年高!" "吃了年糕年年高!" seems to be an idiom, and I can't quite figure out what it means. I know it's associated with Chinese New Year. Could somebody please help me?
2016年10月24日 03:45
3
1
意味着一年比一年高、年年高升、年年丰收。 年糕(rice cake (made of glutinous rice flour)in chinese voice it sounds the same voice with 年高. 年高 here means your life and work and your fortune will be better and better year by year. so this make a idom. if you eat the rice cake ,you will be better year by year. all because their chinese pronunciation are same。
2016年10月24日
它的意思是“你吃了年糕你就能每年都交好运,年年都进步(事业高升,学习进步等)。”
2016年10月24日
2016年10月24日
Melissa
Chinese (Mandarin)