秉奇
There has been a lot of food *on the market* which is harmful to public health over the past... 1. There has been a lot of food *on the market* which is harmful to public health over the past few months. The government has required the manufactures involved to recall these products and compensate for it. 2. There has been a lot of food which is harmful to public health *on the market* over the past few months. The government has required the manufactures involved to recall these products and compensate for it. Are they correct? Which is better? Why? Can I say say "such food" instead of "these products"? Which do you prefer? Thanks!
7
0
I would say "which has been harmful" to keep the tenses consistent. Also, "recall" doesn't really work here so I'd changed it to perhaps "remove" or "discontinue" and since products is plural, it would be "compensate for them". And yes, both can be used! I personally prefer the first ^^
This is a sentence where the time phrase needs to follow the Chinese order. 2. Over the past few months, there have been a lot of food on the market which have had caused harmful effects to public health. The government has required the producers responsible to recall these products and compensate the public. (manufactures is used when talking about products that people use, not products that people eat.)
秉奇
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Spanish