Christen
What's the difference between 二个妹妹 and 二两妹妹? I wrote a notebook entry about myself and I talked about my family. I was corrected a few times and everyone who corrected me wrote "两妹妹" instead of "二个妹妹". I also remembered seeing "两毛“ and “二只狗" somewhere. Do we use different counters for different animals and people? Or did I misunderstand something?
13
0
you use "二" to indicate a numerical digit, for example February 二月, bus number #2 二号公车 however, you will need to use "两" for counting quantities, for example, two months 两个月, two buses 两辆巴士 个 &只 indicates the unit number 两个妹妹 literally means younger sisters in 2 units
For people, use 个 and for more respect, use 位. For animals, use 隻/只. 二 is used for the numerical symbol. Think of 两as "pair". However, in poetic situations, 二 is used. For example, 二人世界 = a world for two (talking about lovers etc)
Yes,This is "量词" e.g. 一“只”狗or一“条”狗(dog) 一“本”书(book) 一“张”桌子(table) 一“朵”玫瑰(rose) We do not say二个姐姐.We say 两个姐姐 "二"use in describe numeber e.g. World war II=二战
Hi Christen, maybe you should figure out the difference between 两 and 二 first. 两 always means two and 二 always means second. So you want to talk about your two sisters you should say 两个妹妹, if you want to say second floor you should say 二楼.
As a chinese I never heard of “二两妹妹” lol 。You can use “二个妹妹” or “两个妹妹” . But usually we said “两个妹妹” . Same as “两只狗” 。
Christen
English, French, Hmong, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
French, Hmong, Japanese, Korean, Spanish