Heidi
Are they both OK? 'Breakfast is important FOR/TO everyone.' Thanks
8
0
"Breakfast is important to everyone" - I would use if I am talking about the opinion of people concerning breakfast "Breakfast is important for everyone" - I would use if I am talking about the benefit of breakfast
Yes. Both okay and mean the same thing.
I believe both are fine. In everyday conversation you can hear both. You can even search the phrase in a search engine and both will appear. "Breakfast is important to everyone" "Breakfast is important for everyone"
Well, you can't switch between the two. If you said 'Breakfast is important FOR everyone' you would probably add 'because it gives you energy' at the end. However, if you said 'Breakfast is important TO everyone' you'd have to add 'in my family because it gives us energy' at the end. Did that answer your question at all? If not, sorry! I hope someone has a better answer for you!
Heidi