greenbean
which one is correct? he recommended she speak to an attorney. he recommended her to speak to an attorney. can someone tell me which one of them is correct? and how about these two ? my lawyer recommended I plead guilty. my lawyer recommended me to plead guilty.
3
0
He recommended (that) she speak with an attorney. Correct with "that" an optional variation. My lawyer recommended (that) I plead guilty. Correct, same as above.
I agree with the above. You need to subjunctive in the first sentence "He recommended that she speak with an attorney." For the second set, if you want "me" in the second sentence you need to use to. However, I would not say "to me". I would leave that out as in the above comments. You should also use capital letters to start the sentences. My lawyer recommended to me to plead guilty.
could me join ?
greenbean