LoveT8
Could you help me to explain what's meaning of "draining" in the following sentence? Thanks! Each of us knows how draining constant interchange with others can be and how it exhausts our energy.
4
0
Hello LoveT8, Draining in essence means: To cause something (usually liquid) to run out from somewhere. In the case of this sentence, it means that someone takes energy from you leaving you depleted (depleted means used up or emptied out) So when we talk about draining energy, it is as if you at night filled up your energy, and the interaction with someone is slowly, but surely, taking that energy from you and making you tired. In psychology people can be energy givers or energy drainers. I hope this answers your question. If you have any more questions or need this explained further, feel free to ask me, or take a look at my profile and book a class. Aleks
In this sentence it means very tiring. How do you feel after talking/interacting with people all day? It drains your energy, you feel tired and exhausted.
LoveT8