Ana
Is this correct? I always said that you will love yourself when you learn to love your soul.
3
0
Very close - you have two options here: "I've always said" or "I always say". "I've always said" is if you're saying "This is something I have said throughout my whole life, perhaps you want to emphasise how old you are, or that this has always been your life philosophy since you were a child. The tone of this is a bit more like someone giving advice to someone else. "I always say" is more about general philosophy which you currently live by. The tone here is a bit more neutral, so we know you're only talking about yourself/your opinion, though it could also be used as a way to give advice. In other words, the difference is very small - but you have to choose one or the other.
I always say that you will love yourself when you have learned to love your own soul. I always said that you would love yourself when you have learned to love your own soul. > I have always told you that you could love yourself more if only you could learn more about yourself.
Ana
English, French, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish
English, French, Hungarian