Noa
頑張ってもいいか。what would you translate this to? As the title says. The context is that a list of possible options is being discussed between two speakers, about what role person B should take in person A's life. I'm having a really tough time translating this accurately, so I want to ask native speakers: how would you translate this line: 頑張ってもいいか。 It is not pronounced with the intonation of a question. Thank you for your time!
2
0
I did not understand what you said,(I know limited English.) but that title could be translated below as well. It is not necessary to work hard, though maybe I should try. Whether give it a try.
My answer for your question is "I'll give it a try". In your sentence, "か" doesn’t come at the end with "?" mark, so that sounds like "自問自答" for me. I'm not sure about how to translate this kind of Japanese four character idiom but I should say "asking oneself a question". For example, I ask myself for something that (“頑張るしかないか?”, then say "Yes") = 頑張るしかないか. This means I don’t know if I can do it, but no choice I'll give it a try. Hope this will help.
Noa
Dutch, English, Japanese
Japanese