Pelin
Are these sentences all OK and natural? (I was so tired in mind) I came here to rest my mind. And these; Drop in passing by. (in the neighborhood) Drop in on your way. (in the neighborhood) Drop in if you can get away. (from work etc.)
2
0
I was so tired in mind I came here to rest my mind. - These two phrases are awkward, but I understand what you're trying to say. You can try the following phrases as better alternatives. - "I was mentally exhausted." - "I came here to relax my mind." Drop in passing by. (in the neighborhood) - Rather than forcing "drop in", use "drop by" the neighbourhood. Drop in on your way. (in the neighborhood) Drop in if you can get away (from work etc.) - These two phrases are good.
I will skip the first two because I don't understand exactly what you're trying to say. 1) Using the expression "to drop by." A: When will I see you? B: Just drop by (and see me). 2) Meeting (bumping into) someone at a shop. A: Why are you here? B: I was just [passing by]. (I was in the neighborhood.) The only instance that I can think of for the moment for "drop in" is this situation: A chief executive enters a conference room unannounced. A: Hello, everyone, I just decided to drop in (attend the meeting), and see how everyone was doing. Or, "He dropped in on us, unannounced. (Meaning: He showed up, unexpectedly.) Hope that helps.
Pelin
English, Turkish