Agnieszka
using word cramp May I use phrase " to catch a cramp" She was trainig in the gym when she catch a cramp Or maybe should I use to get a cramp? She gets cramps when she was walking along the street. May I use it with the word "suffer"? She suffers from cramps in her left arm. or just has/have She has cramps in her muscles. Thanks in advance!
4
0
Suffers cramps and has cramps are both fine. Using the verb "to get," with a cramp is also fine "I have got a cramp in my leg." But we do not 'catch,' cramps.
"To suffer" from, or "to get" cramps (plural) implies that you get them often. For example: "Many women suffer from period cramps every month", "I get stomach cramps every time I run" "To get" a cramp (singular) is a single event. For example: "Last night I was asleep when I suddenly got a cramp in my left leg!"
Agnieszka
English, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish
English, German, Russian, Spanish