Davide K
how to pronounce the "x" in the middle ? Cos x snarkitecture pop-up store in LA How to say it correctly ? I'm preparing my presentation for tomorrow ,got so nervous now.... Thank you very much anyway
6
0
It's not yet famous enough to know. The only way to answer is to find out how people who know it, say it. I suggest you sent an email to info@snarkitecture.com and ask them. Like me, native English speakers who don't know will guess, and my first guess would be to use the name of the letter "x" (i.e. "ex.") My second guess would be the word "by," because expressions like 8x10 are read as "eight by ten." When trying to communicate with other English speakers I would say "ex," but I would be ready to have someone correct me.
As with Anna, I would say "Ex", much like the logo in my picture! TEDx (said TED-Ex).
Have you tried searching YouTube or checking the website of someone involved? If you can find a video of someone pronouncing it then that will solve it. Personally I'd just say "ex", but I don't know if that's actually correct short of asking the creators!
I would guess it is supposed to be pronounced "See Oh Ess by Snarkitecture" A quick google tells me that it's a collaboration between a store (COS - which is an abbreviation, so I'm guessing that you're supposed to sound out the letters rather than treat it as a word) and an architecture firm that designed the space (Snarkitecture). But really, email them and ask.
Hey! I would say "Cos AND snarkitecture". I would say they are using the "x" for marketing reasons so that their brand stands out more. Hope that helps.
Davide K
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English, Italian, Japanese, Korean
English, Italian, Korean