Huy
nature of media/products of fame Hi, This is an introduction of a sample writing extracted from my English Book: It is evident that the nature of media has rapidly evolved over the past few years, reshaping the way media companies do business. However, the fact that celebrities' privacy is at stake is just one of many inevitable products of fame that have been long acknowledged. Topic: Are famous people treated unfairly by the media? Should they be given more privacy, or is the price of their fame an invasion into their private life? ------------- I'm confused about the two phrases "the nature of media" and "products of fame". What do they mean? Also, it seems to me that those phrases aren't natural or correct in this context. Could you please tell me your opinions? Thank you very much.
3
0
“Nature” can mean “The basic features, character, or qualities of something.” “The nature of media” is not a very precise term. I interpret it as meaning something like “the way media are/function/operate”. I think it’s natural and correct in this context, just not very precise. “Product” can mean “result/consequence”: ‘her perpetual suntan was the product of a solarium’ In my opinion here “products of fame”=”consequences of fame” I myself don’t like the use of “products of fame” in this context, but it’s a little difficult to decide if it's incorrect to use it here. It probably is, but I can't provide an argument against using it. It’s pretty clear to me what it means. I would have written “consequences of fame”.
Huy
English, Vietnamese