Ding Danxiang
How to say "外卖” in English? Seems like it's raining all the time, and we aren't eager to get out of our room unless there is a class to attend,so we just place the order on MeiTuan and wait for our food delivered to us, and I am wandering what this kind of service be called in English.Thanks a lot for telling me.(๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)
4
0
The most formal is to 'order food for delivery'. We might say 'get delivery', 'order food' or 'get take-out' (even though it's being delivered we might still say take-out). Depending on the region, some restaurants/services make the meaning obvious. For example, instead of: "I am going to search on the internet for cat pictures", it is common for people to say: "I am going to Google cat pictures" In the same way, in England, it is not uncommon to hear: "We should get Pizza Hut/Chinese/JustEat" And in these cases it can be obvious that we want the food to be delivered, not that we will go to the restaurant to eat it.
"Take away" means 打包
Ding Danxiang
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Korean