jing
"i will be right here " who can tell me ,what is the "right"mean?and i can use it where?
10
0
"Right" is an adverb that makes something more intense or immediate. Where are my keys? They're right there! (In front of me, very close) When you come to my house? I will be there right away! (very soon) I threw the computer right out the window! (it means the same thing, but it is more vivid and conversational, like a story) For American English, most of the time "right" appears in fixed expressions like "right here," "right now," "right away." In British English and in some American dialects people use it more like the word "very," but it's not common where I live. (near Chicago) Does that help?
In this case, "right" means "exactly" or "directly" (ie. not "more or less"). "Right here" = in this exact place "Right there" = in that exact place "Right now" = at this exact moment "Right through the door" = directly through the door "Right in front of/behind/next to you" = directly in front of/behind/next to you "You took the words right out of my mouth" = you said exactly what I wanted to say
You may be asking "I will be right there" meaning I will be there in a few minutes. If you are asking "I will be right here" it means I will be standing here waiting. The word "right" refers to "time" in the first sentence. In the second sentence is means "place". It's very confusing.
as Peachey said, "right" means "exactly". "I'll be right here" means "I'll be exactly here (in the mentioned place)"
Hi! I'm not sure what I'm saying (bc I'm a learner too) but I think that "right" means a "place/location"... for example, I don't know how to explain but It could be when you're looking for sth in particular with your friend and he tells you to wait there (where you are) because he's going to buy what he was looking for, so you say "okay, I'll wait right here" and then you don't move.I hope it helps you! :D I'm so sorry if my english or explanation is wrong but as I said I'm just a learner.
jing
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Other), English