Hazem
TO ARE here confuse me,and deposed what here does it mean? Every affidavit shall state which of the facts deposed (to are )within the deponents knowledge
29 Th10 2016 02:10
6
0
This is a legal term. To depose is to testify or give evidence under oath. If you are the deponent, you are the one making the oath.
29 tháng 10 năm 2016
Read the sentence like this: "Every affidavit shall state which [of the facts deposed to] are within the deponents knowledge." As James has explained, a witness "deposes". So the witness gives a testimony regarding (ie. "to") what facts that person knows. Every affidavit needs to tell us which facts the witness actually knows about, ie. the witness can't speculate or report someone else's observations.
29 tháng 10 năm 2016
Further to my answer above, you may also be wondering about making a statement "under oath". Basically, if someone testifies under oath (in written form in this case), then they must not lie. If they are caught lying, this is effectively perjury, which is a serious offence. I'm a lawyer by the way, so I deal with this stuff every day!
29 tháng 10 năm 2016
Sound like legalese.
29 tháng 10 năm 2016
Hazem
Arabic, English