Niwantha
Which is the correct sentence? Hi friends Which one is the correct sentence? (Me or I) a) There's a big age difference between you and me. b) There's a big age difference between you and I. Thanks in advance. Niwantha
4
0
Hi Niwantha! The correct answer is the first one: "There's a big age difference between you and me." It's because "between" is a preposition, and after a preposition we use objective pronouns ("me" - also "him", "her" or "us"), not a subjective pronoun ("I" - also "he", "she" or "we"). A good way to figure this out is to replace "I" with another subjective pronoun, and see if if sounds wrong: "There's a big age difference between you and we." Sounds wrong with a subjective pronoun, doesn't it? Then you need the objective pronoun - in this case, "me". It's a little complicated, but I hope this helps! Matt
"me" is correct. Use "me" after prepositions.
Niwantha
English, Sinhala