emar
It is difficult to decide whether ..? Does it make sense? This is supposed to be the beginning of an esay entitled; what is more important to earn lots of money or enjoy your job? Nowadays it is dificult to decide whether a high salary or an enjoyable job. Could you give me a better choice? Thank you very much
4
0
Hi there, The word 'whether' has to be followed by one of 2 things: - A full sentence with a subject and a verb: 'Nowadays it is difficult to decide whether YOU (subject) SHOULD AIM FOR(verb) a high salary or an enjoyable job' - an infinitive: 'Nowadays it is difficult to decide whether TO AIM FOR(infinitive) a high salary or an enjoyable job' This means that the phrase you have above doesn't work in English. So instead of 'whether', I would say that the best alternative would be 'between': 'Nowadays it is difficult to decide BETWEEN a high salary or an enjoyable job' Hope this helps!
Nowadays it is difficult to decide whether or not one should seek a high salary or an enjoyable job.
I think this is a "no-brainer". I would rather be happy...
emar