Vika
动物: animals or fauna? Do you use 动物 to refer to animals or to fauna in general? I.e., do you use 动物 to refer to dogs, lions and bears, or do you also take in mind birds like pigeos, flamingoes, geese etc.? One of my daughter´s books is called《动物》 and it includes the photos of the birds too, but my dictionary translates 动物 as “animal”. Thank you!
7
0
we also call animals as "动物",because of the fauna is mean so many animals that like a group of lions.The "动物" is a word of variety.Are you understand?
An animal organism other than a human being, especially a mammal. 兽,牲畜:不包括人在内的动物,尤指哺乳动物 也就是说,英语的animal和汉语的“动物”并不全等,鸟不是animal。 汉语的动物是和植物相对而言的,植物之外的一切会动,会吃、能生长的生命体都可以叫动物,(微生物除外,但人不除外,我是把人除外的,我不认为人是“动物”,人就是人,高级生命,而不是高级动物。)
no, "fauna" is 动物相= dòng-wù-xiàng
Fauna is only used in academic papers in China, referring to animal species community in a region. Am I right?
Living things can be divided into animals(动物) and plants(植物). 动物can move, bird is also a kind of animal. Fauna is all of the animal life of any particular region or time. Fauna emphasizes the different region or time that animal lived in.
Vika
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Russian, Spanish