庞世燕
I'm quite confused with this whole paragraph. Could you please explain it to me? Clients hereby gives and grants unto Attorney a lien on Client's file and any cause of action, and any proceeds or judgements in that action, to the extent of the share of those proceeds or that judgement and/or sums herein agreed to be paid to Attorney as attorney's fees and disbursements; and Client expressly assigns to Attorney any proceeds and any judgement relative to said cause of action (if any), to the extent of said attorney's fees and disbursements. That Judgement shall include any and all property, whether tangible or intangible, monies or other payments to Client. Question: 1. Is a lien on Client's file as well as any cause of action, and any proceeds or judgements in that action and/or sums herein agreed to be paid to Attorney as attorney's fees and disbursements? 2. What do proceeds and judgement mean here?
31 de oct de 2016 8:59
5
0
Thank you ! (*^__^*)
1 de Noviembre de 2016
Thank you for making the sentence structure qutie clear for me, but I still do not know how to translate it into Chinese. :-(
1 de Noviembre de 2016
Imagine if I told you that the first sentence is exactly the same structure as the Chinese sentence: 约翰送给玛丽三个生日礼物:礼物一, 礼物二, 礼物三, would you understand the English sentence then?
31 de Octubre de 2016
Let's break down the sentence and you tell me what it means Subject 主语= S Predicate = 谓语 (Verb + Object) Verb = 动词 V Object1 = 间接宾语 O1 Object2 直接宾语 O2 Clients (S) hereby gives and grants (V) unto Attorney (O1) (间接宾语) Direct object is a list: 1) a lien on Client's file and 直接宾语1 2) any cause of action, and 直接宾语2 3) any proceeds or judgement in that action, 直接宾语3 3a) to the extent (以至于) of the share of those proceeds or that judgement and/or sums herein ; (all of this defines what the judgement can be) 3b) agreed to be paid to Attorney as attorney's fees and disbursements 3a and 3b can be a 把字句(把 proceeds=money and 以 payment give to 律师)
31 de Octubre de 2016
In the context of the above, 'a lien' is separate to the 'cause of action'. Lien here refers to possesion of property and not the action to recover costs etc. Proceeds are 'earnings' or financial advantage received from the 'lien'. A 'judgement' would be the award of The Court.
31 de Octubre de 2016
庞世燕