Timothy Liu
Uses of のが and のほうが、より If I wanted to say that it is difficult to write kanji would it be valid to say (私は)漢字を書くのが難しいです。 also if I wanted to say that I'm better at reading then writing how would I say that? Would using のほうが and よりwork? like (私は)漢字が読み物のほうが書き物より上手です。
Nov 1, 2016 2:20 AM
2
0
I answer your question. 私は、漢字を書くのが苦手です。 I am bad at writing KANJI. 私は、漢字を書くよりも、読むほうが上手(じょうず)です。 I am good at one to read than I write a kanji. ーーー 一般的には、日本人は、こんな感じで話すことが多いです。m(_ _)m
Hi Timothy, You can say '漢字を書くのが難しいです。' Other than the above, you can also say '漢字を書くのは難しいです。' In these sentences, you need not say '私は'. When you would like to say that I am better at reading Kanhi than writing, you can say, '漢字を書くより読む方が得意です。' As you think, using '方が’and 'より' work. For your information, '読み物' /'書き物' can be used as noun and verb in Japanese sentence. You can say '読み物をする'/'書き物をする’as verb and just '読み物'/'書き物' mean 'material to read' /'written document'. I hope this answers your question. If you have further questions, please feel free to ask me.
Timothy Liu
Japanese