There are certain phrases almost exclusively used by females.
- 어머나, 어머: Oh my god; Gee. (Men would say 어, 이런, 어이쿠, etc. but never 어머나)
Some words are by definition different for the different sexes:
- 오빠, 오라버니: older brother to a female .
- 형, 형님: older brother to a male.
- 언니: older sister to a female.
- 누나: older sister to a male.
Certain sentence endings are primarily used by males:
- 나 간다, 저 갑니다 (See you later), 오랜만이다, 오랜만입니다(Long time no see), 미치겠다(I'm going nuts) => malespeak.
- 나 갈게 / 저 가요, 오랜만이네 / 오랜만이에요, 미치겠어. => femalespeak