Lolita
which sentence is suitable for this situation ? Image this situation please , you are sitting and doing something your sister calls you and you leave the room you return few minute later but you can nor remember what was you doing . you say to yourself : what were I doing? what was I doing? what did I do? or another thing ? ( if there is grammatically mistake here please correct it too thanks )
8
0
I would choose : " what was I doing ? "
"What was I doing?" "What was I doing just now?" "What was it I just did?" "What have I done just now?" "Where was I?" as in where in the process of doing something was I, not where as in physical location. All these are acceptable, and more, with non being more correct.
Hi Lolita! The most common thing for a native speaker to say in this situation is: "Hmm, what was I doing?" In the same way, if you're speaking with someone, and something interrupts you, afterwards you would say: "What was I saying?" Or if the other person was speaking when the interruption happened, you would say: "What were you saying?" I hope this helps! Matt
The best answer would be "what was I doing?" if it was both you and your sister - "what were we doing?"
Lolita
Armenian, English, Italian