Holly Dickson
Is my translation correct? I've tried myself to translate this French paragraph into English - could my answer be improved? "De plus en plus de parents profitent du shower pour reveler le sexe du bebe... our meme pour le decouvrir en compagnie de leurs invites. Chez Les Glaceuars du Quartier, la patissiere Elicia Lepine est souvent la premiere a savoir si les clients attendant une fille ou un garcon! Ceux-ci lui remittent un letter cachetee, ecrite par le medecin ou le technician ayant realize l'echographie qui confirme le sexe due bebe a venir." Is this a correct? "More and more parents are benefitting from showers to reveal the gender of their baby or to discover it in the company of their guest. At the "neighbourhood ice cream makers" in Brossard, the pastry chef, Elicia Lepene, is often the first to know if her clients are expecting a girl or boy! She is delivered a sealed letter, written by the doctor or technician after having produced the echocardiogram that confirms the unborn baby's gender."
1 de Nov de 2016 às 14:51
2
0
I searched the french text, because I wasn't understanding why the pastry chef was getting the letter. Now I understand. http://enfantsquebec.com/2015/04/06/shower/ More and more parents are taking advantage of showers to reveal the gender of their baby or to discover it in the company of their guests. At the "neighbourhood ice cream makers" in Brossard, the pastry chef, Elicia Lépine, is often the first to know if her clients are expecting a girl or boy! She is delivered a sealed letter, written by the doctor or the technician who made the scan that confirms the unborn baby's gender." The main changes are : - "benefitting", here the meaning is seizing the opportunity, making the most of the shower event. - "After having produced" is not very nice, I feel that the participe présent is better rendered using "who made". - echographie is ultrasound scan, it is not the same exam than electrocardiogram, somehow you invented a new word made from these two.
2 de Novembro de 2016
Holly Dickson
English, French, Spanish
French, Spanish