echofloating
Does the sentence correct and make sense? " I hate it when they with their mouths full of food." Would you please tell if above sentece is correct and make sense ? or I must change it to " I hate it when they TALK with their mouths full of food ." I suppose the "TALK" could be omitted when there is context, but I'm not sure. Thank you so much.
6
0
You can say; " I hate when people talk with food in their mouths." This would make more sense. I hope this helps.
For this sentence, a mouth can be full when it is either closed or open, so "talk" provides the context and can't be omitted. You can say "I hate it when they talk with their mouths full." So "food" can be omitted since there is context and the assumption is that one would put nothing else but food in their mouth.
"I hate it when they talk with their mouths full (of food)." You can omit "of food", but not "talk". Without "talk", so different meaning: "I hate it when their mouths are full (of food)."
echofloating