Pelin
Are these sentences OK? Is he as nice as he seems? (character etc.) The movie was so boring, and I got out halfway through. That's one of the things I can't stand in life. I have never seen a more interesting movie ending.
Nov 3, 2016 2:14 AM
3
0
Is he as nice as he seems? (good) The movie was so boring, and I got out halfway through. (okay) The movie was so boring that I left halfway through. (better) That's one of the things I can't stand in life. (good) I have never seen a more interesting movie ending. (good)
Yes, the sentences are correct. I would make 2 adjustments however: 1) The movie was so boring, and so I left halfway through. (Shows cause and effect. "Got out" indicates escape too, but people "leave" bad movies.) 2) I have never seen a more interesting ending to a movie. (You want to modify the noun "the ending of the movie" rather than the fact that the movie is merely ending.)
I think it is correct
Pelin
English, Turkish