Monz
returned/rejected goods and their meanings Hello! As the title says, when it comes to refunds, what verbs or adjectives do you use for the goods? And what are their meanings? Thanks ahead!
Nov 3, 2016 5:07 AM
2
0
To me, a returned item suggests that the item was accepted and is now being brought back. A rejected item is one that was never accepted. Hopefully I can explain what I mean. :) I buy a computer and take it home. For whatever reason, I decide I don't want to keep it so I return it to the store for a refund. I then look at the store's other computer offerings and the salesman brings out a different computer. Straight away I know I don't want it so I reject it. The second computer was never accepted by me so it will never be returned by me.
As a customer, I can ask for or request a refund. Depending on the situation, it could be a full (all of what I paid) or partial (only part of what I paid is given back) refund. As a customer, I hope for a prompt refund. The seller can give me a refund or issue a refund. Sometimes, the seller will deny a refund because it is against their policy. I hope this helps but I'm not sure it's exactly what you meant.
Monz
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Korean