Gaku
Which of the following sentences is the best? Which of the following sentences is the best, when a kid who is a competitive swimmer wants to describe his everyday life (that is, his life full of training)? 1. I swim after school every day. 2. I go swimming after school every day. 3. I practice swimming after school every day. 4. I swim laps after school every day. And if he is a "casual swimmer" who just likes swimming, which of them is the best? Thanks in advance.
6
0
They all can work but if truly competitive, you can write "I go swimming training after school every day". That would imply going training under a coach or in a group with the intention to improve and possibly enter competitions. 1 to 4 are OK for casual swimming
I would say 1, 3, & 4 all work fine for a competitive swimmer. #2 sounds more recreational/casual. :)
If he is a competitive swimmer, I think No.3 is the best sentence. If he is a"casual swimmer" ,I think No.2 is the best one.
Gaku
English, Japanese, Russian