mike29
Are these sentences gramatically correct? Are these sentences correct? (they do not relate to each other) "I put on my shirt, did it up and was ready to go" "My phone is out of battery" "I spent the weekend with sleeping" Thanks in advance :)
11
0
"I put on my shirt, BUTTONED it up, and was ready to go." "My phone'S battery IS DEAD." "I spent the weekend sleeping."
Thank You! Your comment helped me a lot! :)
For the second one, if you want to keep the "... is out of..." construction, my suggestion is: "My phone is out of power." But in regular (informal) conversation, I'd more like just say "my phone is dead." As for "did it up," and "out of battery," these are awkward from the perspective of American English. So it looks like we can all agree on one thing, at least: these are good examples of differences between American and UK English(es).
mike29
English, Japanese, Slovak