mirror
English name hi,l want to ask some questions,do you think my English name mirror is weird ?l really want to get a well English name,mirror is seminar on my chinese name,and l don't want to named a name like the chinese name 史珍香,it's very bad!haha.
Nov 4, 2016 1:46 AM
9
0
Yes, it is weird - that was the first thing I thought when I saw your profile. In fact, I was considering starting a Discussion page entitled 'Why do Chinese people give themselves such peculiar names? Don't they realise that it isn't normal to call yourself after a random object?' A mirror is not a thing, not a name. There are a number of Chinese users on this site who have chosen odd names for themselves - like 'greenbean', 'smoke' or 'tomato' - and it really doesn't work. To be honest, it just sounds silly. Names are names, and things are things, and with very few exceptions - such as flowers and precious stones, which are often also girls' names - you cannot give a person the name of an object. Nobody will take you seriously in the real world if you use a random word or object as your name. There are thousands of acceptable Western names in existence. Just pick a real name! Remember also that, unlike in the Chinese culture, Western names have no meaning. Or if they do happen to have a meaning, nobody knows, cares, or even thinks about it. We choose names because they sound nice, look nice, are popular, interesting or unusual, or have some kind of personal or cultural association. One other thing - don't forget that names need a capital letter at the beginning. Good luck with choosing a name!
You can use whatever you wish on here. No one knows you.
你是逗外国人不知道屎真香吧
mirror