Anne
That/ It/ This These three words are often used to refer to situations and they seems to be interchangeable to me. Take the sentences below as an example, I think the words can be exchanged with either of the other two words. Can you tell me the difference, especially the usage of IT and THAT? Thanks 1. Some people say if a black cat crosses your path, you'll have bad luck. I don't believe THAT. 2. Pots reveal a lot of information about the past. THIS is very helpful. 3. If the past is to be preserved, IT must be done by using modern technology
Nov 5, 2016 1:03 AM
1
0
this 有“这个”的意思,that 有“那个”的意思, “it”就是一个英语中的虚主语, 都指的是先前所提及的地方或者事情。 this "referring to the one nearer in place, time, or thought"; "That" indicate a person, thing, idea, state, event, time, remark, etc., as pointed out or present, mentioned before" "it" is a dummy subject that is often understood by context.
Anne