Minyeong Lee
Can I say this in English? 1. A mentally disturbed man burned pet filled with oil in metro and threw it on floor. While subway driver and staff were embarrassed at situation, the fire rapidly spread to entire subway and some of the station. => Is this sentence OK? For me, the word "embarrassed" seems an awkward choice. Subway drivers and staffs were shocked, thus this word "embarrassed" should be replaced?? If yes, what should I replace it with? 2. In the past when these fastfoods weren’t in Korea, many Koreans consumed salt only from soup and kimchi, so it was OK. But recently fastfood restaurants came to Korea, and to attract customers more and more, they add salt a lot in their food. => The expression "came to Korea" is OK? If not, what could be a better alternative? Thank you so much in advance!!
Nov 5, 2016 1:11 AM
2
0
A mad lighted a bottle of petrol at metro .
As a native American English speaker: 1. The first passage does not make a lot of sense to me. He burned a "pet" ? meaning an animal or like a plastic bag or something? But for the second sentence the word "shocked" is more likely the better translation. 2. In the past when fast foods weren’t available in Korea, many Koreans consumed salt only from soup and kimchi, so it was relatively benign. But recently fast food restaurants have come to Korea, and to attract customers, they have added a lot of salt to their food.
Minyeong Lee