Pelin
Are these the same? I should have known this wpould happen. I should have known this was going to happen. I should have known this was going to go on.
6 нояб. 2016 г., 3:38
3
0
Actually, I would say that the first two have almost identical meaning. I should have known this would happen. I should have known this was going to happen. However the third sentence has a distinct meaning which has to do with the phrase 'to go on,' which means 'was going to continue. I should have known this was going to go on. In your first two sentence we know that something has already happened and is complete in the past. The last sentence means that something has continued to happen for some time. We don't really know if has stopped or if it is continuing in the present.
6 ноября 2016 г.
They all are the same however the last one sounds odd and isn't in common usage.
6 ноября 2016 г.
I should have known this would happen. I should have known this was going to happen. I should have known this was going to go on. Yes they mean the same. However, the first two are more common to use.
6 ноября 2016 г.
Pelin
English, Turkish