Community Web Version Now Available
William Campos
Complex/project What do you call a group of close together apartment buildings that share some sort of community spirit? Something that would be called a complex or project in English.
Nov 6, 2016 8:45 AM
Answers · 7
I live in the South of Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh city. For the word you said, do you mean the condominium? It likes a building of a lot of apartments, right? If so, it is called "chung cư" here . If it is the combination of many buildings, it is called "khu chung cư". Now, in Ho Chi Minh, khu chung cư Vinhomes Golden River is very popular. You can search this word by images and see if it is your word. I hope it helps you.
November 10, 2016
"Chung cư" or "khu tập thể" or "nhà tập thể". All are correct.
November 7, 2016
"Khu tập thể" can be the word you're looking for. It's a kind of apartment where a community share the playground, a kindergarten, a convenient store, maybe even a public bathroom... And when these "khu tập thể" first used, they were usually assigned to people who work in the same state-owned company, or the soldier's or cop's family, so they all kind of know each other.
November 7, 2016
Years ago when I grew up in Vietnam, it was called cư xá. Now that this type of development gets more popular, I suspect that people give it a newer, fancier name.
November 6, 2016
Cannot understand. The link leads to one video and three other links. There is no picture or anything involves what you ask.
November 6, 2016
Show More
William Campos
Language Skills
English, Filipino (Tagalog), Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese
Learning Language
Filipino (Tagalog), Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Vietnamese