Kathy
Can you help me checking this vocabulary exercise ? 9 Complete the dialogues with the following words: careful do don’t hang help let’s shout stop wait watch A I can skate! 1 watch me! B Please be careful ! A I can climb that tree. B Please don’t 3 hang that! A It’s OK. Aagh! 4 help ! A 5 let’s go! B No, 6 don’t on! 7 wait for us! A Please 8 stop play this game in the garden! 9 do it now! B OK, but don’t shout !
7 Kas 2016 02:43
2
0
A I can skate! 1 watch me! B Please be careful ! GOOD A I can climb that tree. B Please don’t 3 hang that! PLEASE DON'T HANG LIKE THAT! (hanging from a branch, perhaps) A It’s OK. Aagh! 4 help ! A 5 let’s go! B No, 6 don’t on! 7 wait for us! NO, DON'T GO YET; WAIT FOR US. A Please 8 stop play this game in the garden! 9 do it now! PLEASE STOP PLAYING GAMES IN THE GARDEN! DO IT RIGHT NOW! (We might say, "Please stop playing games in the garden right now"....but you need to use the word "do", right? :) B OK, but don’t shout !
7 Kasım 2016
"B Please don’t 3 hang that! " Unless you mean something like "Please don't hang that piece of clothing" or something similar, I don't think this is correct. A more correct sentence would be "Please don't do that". "B No, 6 don’t on! 7 wait for us!" The correct word to place in here is "B No, 6 hang on! 7 wait for us!" "A Please 8 stop play this game in the garden!" The correct way to say this would be "A Please 8 don't play this game in the garden! The rest seem to be good! Hope this helps :)
7 Kasım 2016
Kathy
English, French, Spanish