Christina Lee
Is it a good idea to use "procure" in this sentence? I was wondering if it is a good idea to use "procure" in this sentence since this word has another more negative connotation.. "The course design is invigorating, practical, and geared toward candidates whose very next step is to work in the real world, aligning with my plan of procuring some working experience oversea after graduate." Thank you for your feedback!
Nov 7, 2016 6:22 AM
7
0
I see what you mean regarding the negative connotation of the word "procure". But 99% times I saw it was formal and more British =) Dictionaries say that If you procure something, especially something that is difficult to get, you obtain it. So I would use it. Obtain or get hold of is more neutral...
"procuring" is fine. "The course design is invigorating, practical, and geared toward candidates whose very next step is to work in the real world, which aligns with my plan of procuring some work experience overseas after graduation." But I'm confused about the purpose of the sentence. Who are you writing to and why?
Getting seems more compatible.
You can use providing, instead of procuring.
Christina Lee