Teacher Beth
Professional Teacher
How to you pronounce 胡扯 in Taiwan? I would like to know if 胡扯 is pronounced differently in Taiwan to mainland China? I was watching a Taiwanese drama and the subtitles said 胡扯 (不要跟我胡扯)which I would expect to be hu che, but the actress said ha la, or at least that is what it sounded like to me. Did I miss hear, or did she really say ha la? Is this from a Taiwanese dialect?
4
0
In Chinese subtitles, the characters are always written in the standard script even though the words uttered are totally different. This is made so that different dialects can understand what is going on. The only time they are the same when classic poetry are recited or that the speaker is trying to emulate a Mandarin speaker.
哈啦 is more like chating to me. If you split it, you'll get 哈 and 啦. We use these two words a lot when chitchating.
哈拉 means 胡扯 in Taiwan. You're right.
哈拉 is only use in Taiwan, which means "talking in nonsense or bullshit". But also could be use like chatting with some meaning less topics.
Teacher Beth
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, German
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), French, German