Anna
Could anyone help me answer these questions? (test) I have some questions, but i'm not sure about my answers, so it would be really nice if someone could help me :) There's a text with some blank spaces. my task is to fill the gaps with the correct option. The text: 'In old times it was believed that the first person .... one's house on New Year's Day could bring good or bad luck. (visited/to visit/to visited). Therefore people tried to arrange for the person ... (for/of/by) their own choice to be standing outside their houses ready ... (to be let on/ to let in/ to be let in) the moment midnight struck. Usually a dark haired man was chosen, never a woman, as women would ... (bring/give/make) bad luck. The first guest was to carry 3 articles: a piece of coal to keep us warm, a silver coin to wish us wealth, and a piece of bread to wish you food. This custom can be still ... (performed/observed/celebrated) in Scotland.'
4
1
to visit of their own choice ready to be let in women would bring can still be observed
1. to visit 2.of 3.to be let in 4.bring 5.observed
Anna
Czech, English, French, Greek, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish
English, French, Greek, Portuguese, Spanish