freelancer
what does the “the nails packed around it” mean? I walk through the rose garden and then past the bandstand, which looks like a pop-up from a children’s storybook, with its pastel pink surround and sugar-white top held up by liquorish sticks. Then I remember the bomb exploding into a crowd, the nails packed around it, the carnage and I feel someone watching me. does the remember the bomb exploding mean image the bomb mean? what does the pastel pink mean? color or pink pastel?
Nov 9, 2016 9:06 AM
3
0
What does the “the nails packed around it” mean? It means exactly what it says. A terrorist took a bomb, packed nails around the bomb, and then detonated it. The word 'packed' suggests that the nails were tightly inserted between the bomb and some kind of casing. When the bomb exploded, the flying nails would have caused dreadful injuries. What does " remember the bomb exploding" mean? Again, this means exactly what it says. The writer recalls the moment when the bomb exploded. They also remember the nails that were packed around it and the carnage that this caused. 'Pastel pink' is a colour. It's a pale, whitish pink, associated with sugared almonds and baby girls. The force of this paragraph comes from the contrast between the description of the present scene - rose garden/children’s storybook/pastel pink/sugar-white - which is gentle, sweet and innocent, and the writer's memory of the horrific events which had happened there.
Nail bombs, were commonly used by the Provisional Irish Repulican Army ((P)IRA) in Northern Ireland, during the troubles to inflict as much damage as possible. A nail bomb is an anti-personnel explosive device packed with nails to increase its wounding ability. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nail_bomb Image of nailbomb below: http://static.wixstatic.com/media/5018f0_bc3c85f4b94e68bfe4f39d7453cdc2ba.jpg_1024
I walk through the rose garden and then past the bandstand, which looks like a pop-up from a children’s storybook, with its pastel pink surround and sugar-white top held up by liquorish sticks. Then I remember the bomb exploding into a crowd, the nails packed around it, the carnage and I feel someone watching me. ------- 这是一段看起来头晕的话。孤陋寡闻,不知道出自何处。似乎是出自魔幻主义作品或者写的是梦境或幻觉。翻译如下,看完翻译,你的问题就有答案了。----------- 我穿过玫瑰园,然后经过音乐演奏台。那个演奏台就像是从儿童故事书里面弹出来的一个小吃食,它那嫩粉色的包皮和雪白的顶端支在甘草棍上面。然后我就记起了在人群中爆开的炸弹,包在炸弹外面的钉子,这场屠杀。此时我突然感觉有人在盯着我。
freelancer